We’re so excited to start our new blog series where we ask a bunch of questions to everyone on our team to get to know them better!! We’re starting with none other than our dad, Don Lambert! We’re asked all the time “what’s it like to work with family?” and we honestly laugh and cannot even understand this line of questioning. We LOVE working together. Dad’s literally one of our best friends and we get along great!
Dad is our project manager here, so he’s on the jobs daily checking in on clients, on subcontractors, and making sure everything is running smoothly.
Dad is an incredibly hard worker, he’s loyal, very tender-hearted, and always ready to have a good time! He’s full of integrity, in the sense that when we were kids we never really even understood what it would look like to know a person without integrity. He’s the best, and that’s coming from his daughters, and his bosses. He’s the best! Now that’s enough from us, let’s hear what he has to say!
1. What is your favorite thing in your closet?
The shirts that say “Lambert Home” on them.
2. If we went to happy hour, what would you order?
Double Crown on the rocks.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Lazy people. Or stupid people. You can be ignorant, but don’t be stupid.
5. What’s your favorite color?
I like red.
6. What three words best describe you?
Tall dark and handsome — HAHA! Just kidding. Honest, loyal, fearless
7. What’s the highest thing on your bucket list right now?
Whatever the girls want to do. I’m in!
8. What’s the last book you read? Did you like it?
Band of brothers – I’m liking it because we just traveled there. It makes it cooler to me that we just stood where they stood.
9. If you could be anywhere, other than here, right this minute, where would you be?
Horseback with my brother in Brewster County.
10. If you were a pasta shape, which one would you be and why?
Bow tie — I always dress nice because I want to represent my family and company well.
11. What’s the best part of your job?
Easy! Working with my girls and making their vision come to life.
12. Which celebrity would you invite to your birthday party?
Not really big on celebrities — but i’d like to invite my daddy.
13. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Tonka trucks — yellow and metal. yes!
14. Which of your personality traits has gotten you in the most trouble?
My resistance to stupid rules and ignorant authority
15. If you’ve had a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Go home and hug my wife and my girls.
16. Describe your perfect vacation
Wherever my family wants to go. Our adventures are always epic, even the bad ones! Just ask the girls about the canoe trip down the Brazos river! HA!
17. What’s your favorite food?
Mexican or BBQ
18. Describe your perfect Saturday
Get up early, load horses, eat breakfast on the road, rope all day, eat supper, then off to the dance with my 4 girls. Then go home, unload the horses, shower, then bedtime! When can we plan for this?
19. Who would play you if there were a movie about your life?
The Estevez Brothers!
20. If you only had one week to live what would you do?
The same thing I’m doing now.
21. Describe the design of your dream bedroom.
Big room, maybe log cabin looking, one wall is all glass looking out on a pasture full of cows and horses. No neighbors to be seen. Big bed suitable for a dozen grandkids.
22. At what age do you see yourself retiring?
I retired once and it didn’t stick. I’m not sure I’ll retire again. I may, but it’s down the road for sure. If I do retire, I’ll need plenty of money to go roping every day and buy that big log cabin with the windows looking out at the pasture!
Check our Instagram @Lambert_Home to ask your own questions and see what Dad says!