I’ve worked here at Lambert Home for almost a whole year. I started out as a summer intern and after graduating from UNT I started full time – so basically the dream! If you’ve ever called the store you’ve probably talked to me on the phone; or if you’ve ever come in I maybe helped you find your new favorite candle, make an appointment with Sarah, or wrap your best friend’s birthday present. Maybe I made you a custom floral arrangement (my favorite thing to do!). Prior to spending my time at Lambert Home, I worked in florals for 5 years and made so many bridesmaid bouquets, center pieces, and flower crowns. Getting to use my skills here has been so, so fun! What you don’t get to see me do is bop around the website to make sure everything is updated and nice for you! I plan out our content and post to instagram, facebook, pinterest, and all our social media accounts. Managing all of this has been fun and new for me! When I’m not at Lambert Home I could be running around my neighborhood, rock climbing, laughing with my roommates, going on a date, making a craft, watering my plants, shopping at a thrift store, rearranging my living room, camping, on a day trip or on a weekend trip back home to Amarillo!
I have really enjoyed working here and not just because we watch Bon Appetite videos or Texas Tech games at lunch BUT because it is so sweet and authentic to be in this space and with these people. At Lambert Home it is okay to laugh, cry, feel, dream big, and be yourself. I cannot imagine a better place to be!
1. What is your favorite thing in your closet?
My favorite thing in my closet is my Outdoor Voices exercise dress. I know what you’re thinking—”why would you need to wear a dress to exercise?”. Well anything you can do in pants, I can do in a dress. That’s all.
2. If we went to happy hour, what would you order?
Margarita on the rocks!
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little I wanted to be a fashion designer. I used to design little clothes made of scrapbook paper and I made tiny hangers out of paper clips.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Tye dye shirts or other bad crafts
5. What’s your favorite color?
Right now? Yellow!
6. What three words best describe you?
Passionate, Determined, Loyal
7. What’s the highest thing on your bucket list right now?
To go to Greece. Because Mamma Mia, duh?!
8. What’s the last book you read? Did you like it?
I’m re-reading Narnia! Currently on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It’s a classic. And The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer!
9. If you could be anywhere, other than here, right this minute, where would you be?
On another road trip with my bff Alyssa!
10. If you were a pasta shape, which one would you be and why?
Bow tie! They are so cute!
11. What’s the best part of your job?
Hard to say. Honestly love all aspects of my job. Currently very excited for creative projects for our social media like creating flat-lays. YAY! But also I really love eating lunch and laughing.
12. Which celebrity would you invite to your birthday party?
13. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
I loved barbies! I had lots of furniture and a house. But when my mom wouldn’t buy me the things I wanted, I would just make my own out of cardboard. Who said Barbie doesn’t need a ceiling fan?
14. Which of your personality traits has gotten you in the most trouble?
In social circles probably standing up for my peers, but I was always a pretty good and quiet kid at school!
15. If you’ve had a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Run! Stay busy! Make a craft! Call a friend! Call my mom!
16. Describe your perfect vacation
Staying at a cabin or cool Airbnb somewhere far away and soaking up nature and cute local things. Wherever really. I’m easily impressed.
17. What’s your favorite food?
18. Describe your perfect Saturday
Wake up early, eat a nice breakfast, bike around my town (Denton), go to the farmers market, run into acquaintances, get coffee with a friend, read a book, create something, laugh a lot, go on a date, teleport to France, see the Eiffel tower at night, make homemade cocktails and dinner and games with all my friends.
19. Who would play you if there were a movie about your life?
Saoirse Ronan? I don’t know!
20. If you only had one week to live what would you do?
Love people in big ways!
21. Describe the design of your dream bedroom.
Mid-century Modern with lots of color and texture!! Rattan! Velvet! Wow.
22. At what age do you see yourself retiring?
Never! Haha! I love working and think I will probably stay busy in some way my whole life.