All year we’ve been introducing our team one at a time and we left the best for last – Sarah! The best NCIDQ designer, daughter, sister, and aunt there is. Sarah carries this team and business 24/7 for the last 5 years! She thinks big picture and an absolute visionary. Thats what makes her so good at her job! Although she is great at a day-to-day schedule (hellloooo block scheduling), she is even better and dreaming and scheming ideas that are way too big for the average-joe to even imagine!
If you’ve ever come to the store, Sarah has hand-selected every piece of our merchandise from the smallest Christmas ornament all the way to the largest art piece. She trend researches two years in advance (what?!?) to create the incredible vignettes and visual displays (books from the ceiling! What’s next?! Come see our reset in January to find out!!). Aside from the store, Sarah obviously designs every client’s project. Sarah is the one who is planning our client’s overall design, selecting every item online, creating new layouts, shopping locally, sourcing new backsplash options, hand-selecting countertop slabs, and dreaming big dreams for our client’s homes! More than that, Sarah is the one creating expectations for projects, talking our clients off the ledge, and being an encourager to all who enter the store because design can be so personal!
Not only is she a design expert, but she also has a plethora of music lyrics, movie trivia, and Instagram accounts you should be following up her sleeve. She is who we all look to for what’s new and cool – not just in design! Sarah is hilarious, decisive, and particular. She is the kind of person you want by your side when your world is falling apart because she is the queen of good plans and logic. But that’s enough from us: read what she has to say!
– K + M + L
1. What is your favorite thing in your closet?
Currently? How to choose!? Pleated blush leather skirt…or black, silk joggers…or my velvet tuxedo jacket.
2. If we went to happy hour, what would you order?
Today? Whiskey neat. Less stressful days? Champagne or sparkling wine.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
An interior designer who built houses. 🙂
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
5. What’s your favorite color?
6. What three words best describe you?
Optimistic, Achiever, Driven
7. What’s the highest thing on your bucket list right now?
Buy a house!
8. What’s the last book you read? Did you like it?
What Doesn’t Kill Us. I DID. It’s about tricking your body into it’s hidden, evolutionary strength through temperature and breathing.
9. If you could be anywhere, other than here, right this minute, where would you be?
Exploring Scotland, river cruising China, playing cards at the farm.
10. If you were a pasta shape, which one would you be and why?
Ravioli. Not bringing too much sauce, full of goodness, a surprise once you get to know it
11. What’s the best part of your job?
All of it. The clients, the materials, the choices, the creativity…
12. Which celebrity would you invite to your birthday party?
Tom Cruise. I think he might need a good dose of down-home. Matthew McConaughey and Shia LaBeouf would also fit right in.
13. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Barbie. I had a pink convertible but the real prize was the motor home—thanks, Santa!
14. Which of your personality traits has gotten you in the most trouble?
I didn’t generally get in trouble—It’s part of my personality to become who you want me to be. That, in itself, gets me in trouble.
15. If you’ve had a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Forgive myself, hot shower, read, go to bed. Everything will be better in the morning!
16. Describe your perfect vacation
Anywhere else doing anything including exploring, eating, sightseeing, briefly shopping, hiking.
17. What’s your favorite food?
18. Describe your perfect Saturday
Real Life: Waking up from restful sleep, homemade breakfast by Dad, going to work where I get to be productive and chatty with shoppers, lots of sales (obviously!), home to a bottle of champagne and homemade pasta, Hallmark Movie before bed.
Imagined Life: Waking up at the lake house, going out on the lake until mid-afternoon, naps, sunset, fireworks. (I don’t own a lakehouse.)
19. Who would play you if there were a movie about your life?
Who are the young actresses now?! She hasn’t been discovered by Disney yet. 🙂
20. If you only had one week to live what would you do?
I’d try to set Lambert Home up for success for a day maybe, then I’d spend time with family.
21. Describe the design of your dream bedroom.
White, burl wood, dark green velvet, camel leather, wall sconces over bedside chests, blackout motorized drapes, minimal and clean.
22. At what age do you see yourself retiring?
80. 🙂 Plenty of exploring, creating, and dreaming left in this heart.