It’s that time of year again–Round Top Antiques Week is happening!! We’re headed down Monday-Wednesday to hunt for treasures, find some inspiration, and breathe some country air!
We first went to Round Top while we were dreaming of opening a store. It’s always fun for us to go down, load up on road trip snacks, and marvel at how far God has brought us!
We wanted to let you, our faithful friends and followers, in on a little secret! Here’s a map of our secret quirky shopping spots, food stops, and must stops!
Enjoy this list of tips from some old pros!
1. Wear sneakers. We know you have cute boots. We have cute boots, too, but you’ll regret those babies ten minutes in. Are you here for style points or for awesome finds?! You have to choose. 🙂
2. Drink water. I’m serious. They’re going to try to give you beer, sell you margaritas, hand out cokes,…you get it! But what your sweaty self needs is water. Pretend your mother is with you and just drink the water.
3. Bring cash! There are ATMs in some of the fields but cash is the way to go.
4. There is NO cell service. Don’t get separated from your group without a plan! Also, don’t plan on texting that friend you left at home for a “should I?” or a “this is perfect for you!”–go with your gut! You may never find it again!
5. Strap some hand sanitizer on a backpack and be ready to use it. Most of these places house cows year-round…wink wink. You’ll be glad you did.
Let us know if you’re going down! Comment on our instagram to let us know what you’re looking for–we may just find it!
Happy hunting, friends!
And one final very important tiny addition from Katie!
The very best breakfast you can get in the area, hands down, no contest, is Taqueria Chihuahua in Giddings, TX. Do not miss this or you’ll be sorry! Trust! 🙂